Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently came throughout the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Vert Shock Vertical Jump Chart
Far the sales of the program have been massive!
So are the claims true and does it really work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly impressed how numerous people are deceived into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For most young boys the goal is to simply gain muscle – who doesn’t want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
But not all training programs work the exact same method. If you are a sprinter you must not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength ( moving weight), not launching you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created particularly build the best type of muscle fibres, that will drastically improve your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The interesting thing is the methods that are taught here could be used for any athlete that is searching for that extra explosive power.
Who Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Vert Shock Vertical Jump Chart
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Although he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself often on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training strategies offered to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a difference. It wasn’t till he discovered the “shock” training approach that things started to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is fantastic worth!
The Research Behind the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of people simply would like to know how to score that dunk, not the reason why they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has actually produced.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research shows the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the very same muscle. Used the proper way it can amplify power in brief explosive relocations – like leaping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous United States Olympian, who observed how the Russian teams were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the fast reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, strategies and lessons and developed a basic to carry out and follow program.
Exactly Why Is This So Crucial?
Almost all significant sports requires using fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In many professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It must be really clear that these are the guys and women that are more likely to make the groups. Much more significantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not just at your best, however have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to give you maxim results.
Vert Shock Vertical Jump Chart
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s designed to get your body ready for the main portion of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training concentrates on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for a long time.
The fascinating thing is as we get older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibers are the ones that weaken initially, as they are rarely used daily. Unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically assaults them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, a lot of individuals see instant gains – just by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles genuinely takes place and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and tension. This will remain in ways that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres necessary for greater jumping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave completely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to survive. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and for that reason will tiredness. However it’s at this fatigue point, as soon as pushed through that the gains truly take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Last but not least, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
Today is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you want to introduce.
All major muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just created to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the additional benefits and results that you will achieve.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the essentials of the program actually originates from track and field, there are other benefits as well;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your versatility and decrease your opportunities of injury
Just have a look at these reviews regarding what distinction the program has made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re just not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not meant to be a lazy short cut that removes any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually require to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do People Love About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or fitness center equipment needed: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and layout of the program is truly easy to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, offered it is largely dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a extremely great indication when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program results. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your refund!
What Other people Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are accomplishing growth! While it’s not necessary, Adam has actually chosen to launch a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are super well covered, and the detail of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you have an interest in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to start with this program. Provided the shock element on your muscles if they have not been in any training for a while, then you may have a higher danger of an injury.
Vert Shock Vertical Jump Chart
Now the guys are offering a number of bonuses when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, but here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and fast hacks to give you an extra number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the total list of benefit modules and training.
When doing this most current review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over recently. The people have decided to provide a Free ebook covering some amazing methods to increase you vertical jump. You can get begun training directly away.
The totally free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have actually been charging at least $17 for a copy, but right now they are offering it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s complimentary and still offered !
The Vert Shock program is a unique and strong training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The fact that it is based upon science, that has been used by olympic athletes just includes to the high trustworthiness.
Backed with the results of so numerous people who have used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and professional athletes that have actually purchased the program now have a huge edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will assist you become faster, more powerful and it will give you a real chance at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve always desired.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then absolutely take a look at the Vert Shock program.
Vert Shock Vertical Jump Chart