Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Vert Shock
Far the sales of the program have been enormous!
So are the claims real and does it really work?
Will this program have you jumping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s everything about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly surprised how lots of people are tricked into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For most boys the goal is to just gain muscle – who doesn’t desire that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the same way. , if you are a sprinter you must not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to attempt and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is constructing a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest suited for strength ( moving weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed particularly construct the best type of muscle fibers, that will dramatically improve your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and require additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The interesting thing is the strategies that are taught here might be utilized for any athlete that is trying to find that extra explosive power.
Who Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Even though he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself frequently on the bench early in his career. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training strategies readily available to him, absolutely nothing was really making a difference. So it wasn’t till he discovered the “shock” training approach that things began to alter.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has gotten the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is remarkable value!
The Research Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of people just wish to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
But I wished to include this to show you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has actually created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the very same muscle. Used properly it can enhance power simply put explosive relocations – like jumping.
The actual science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock technique” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive workouts to activate the fast action and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, lessons and strategies and created a simple to carry out and follow program.
Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports requires the usage of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibres. In most expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It needs to be really clear that these are the men and girls that are more likely to make the teams. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not only at your finest, however have capabilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs simply aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an 8 week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim results.
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body all set for the main part of the program.
It is generally a pre-training and pre-conditioning period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been truly turned on for a long time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that deteriorate initially, as they are rarely used day-to-day. So unless you are doing training and exercises that particularly assaults them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people notice immediate gains – merely by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles really takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will remain in ways that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and build elastic muscle fibres necessary for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave completely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to survive. You will be using your muscles in ways that they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. But it’s at this fatigue point, as soon as pushed through that the gains really remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Lastly, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
This week is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you want to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely developed to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the additional benefits and results that you will attain.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the essentials of the program in fact comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your stamina
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Just have a look at these testimonials regarding what difference the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that ought to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you do not get off your butt.
It is not meant to be a lazy brief cut that eliminates any hard work.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually need to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no factor why it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or fitness center equipment needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. So they can be done at house – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and layout of the program is really easy to follow. You can also access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As pointed out above, it’s most likely that you will start seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Again, provided it is largely dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a really good indication when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program results. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your refund!
What People Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to feel like they are attaining development! While it’s not needed, Adam has decided to release a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are very well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in quite a while, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you might have a greater threat of an injury.
Today the guys are providing a number of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are too many to note them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 filthy and quick hacks to offer you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of bonus offer modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this newest review of Vert Shock. The men have decided to offer a Free ebook covering some incredible strategies to increase you vertical jump. You can get started training straight away.
The complimentary ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, but right now they are providing it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s free and still readily available !
The Vert Shock program is a distinct and solid training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based upon science, that has actually been utilized by olympic athletes merely contributes to the high credibility.
Then backed with the results of so numerous individuals who have used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have actually bought the program now have a substantial edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you end up being quicker, more powerful and it will give you a genuine chance at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
If you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level, then absolutely take a look at the Vert Shock program.