Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). Vert Shock Split Jump
Far the sales of the program have been massive!
Are the claims real and does it really work?
Will this program have you jumping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly impressed how many individuals are fooled into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For a lot of boys the objective is to just acquire muscle – who does not want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
But not all training programs work the same way. If you are a sprinter you need to not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do numerous people do to attempt and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is building a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest suited for strength ( moving weight), not launching you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed particularly develop the right type of muscle fibers, that will dramatically improve your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The fascinating thing is the methods that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is searching for that extra explosive power.
Who Exactly Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Vert Shock Split Jump
Adam is the main developer of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally all over the world.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself frequently on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training methods available to him, absolutely nothing was actually making a distinction. So it wasn’t up until he found the “shock” training approach that things began to change.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually secured the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is amazing value!
The Science Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of people simply desire to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
However I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has produced.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study reveals the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant shortening contraction of the exact same muscle. Used the proper way it can magnify power in other words explosive relocations – like jumping.
The real science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He began using the term “shock technique” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian teams were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the fast action and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, lessons and methods and developed a basic to carry out and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Crucial?
Nearly all major sports requires using fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In many expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It ought to be actually clear that these are the people and women that are most likely to make the teams. Even more notably they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not just at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to provide you maxim outcomes.
Vert Shock Split Jump
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s developed to get your body ready for the primary portion of the program.
It is generally a pre-training and pre-conditioning period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been truly changed on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever used everyday. Unless you are doing training and exercises that particularly attacks them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up period.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people see instant gains – merely by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles truly occurs and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in methods that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and construct flexible muscle fibers necessary for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave completely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to survive. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and for that reason will tiredness. It’s at this fatigue point, when pressed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Last but not least, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
This week is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is know as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely created to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the extra advantages and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the basics of the program in fact comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and decrease your possibilities of injury
Just check out these testimonials regarding what distinction the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Help You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that ought to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy route that takes away any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really require to push through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Love About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or gym devices needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. So they can be done in your home – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is truly easy to follow. You can also access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s most likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, given it is mainly dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a very excellent indication when the owners of a program are prepared to completely back the program outcomes. Not happy with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Folks Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights just to seem like they are achieving development! While it’s not needed, Adam has chosen to release a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are super well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in quite a while, then it might not be best to start with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you might have a greater danger of an injury.
Vert Shock Split Jump
Now the people are using a number of bonuses when you sign-up to the program. There are too lots of to note them all, however here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and quick hacks to provide you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program deserves absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to eliminate foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the total list of benefit modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The people have actually decided to offer a Free ebook covering some remarkable techniques to increase you vertical jump. So you can start training quickly.
The complimentary ebook lists four explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Normally they have actually been charging at least $17 for a copy, however right now they are offering it away for free.
Get a copy while it’s still offered and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and distinct training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based upon science, that has been utilized by olympic athletes just contributes to the high trustworthiness.
Backed with the outcomes of so lots of individuals who have used the program, and it is showing to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and professional athletes that have actually purchased the program now have a huge edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will assist you end up being faster, more powerful and it will provide you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
Definitely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball video game to the next level.
Vert Shock Split Jump