Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). Vert Shock Single Leg Box Jumps
Far the sales of the program have been huge!
Are the claims true and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s everything about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always impressed how numerous individuals are tricked into training programs that are completely incorrect for them. For a lot of boys the objective is to merely gain muscle – who doesn’t desire that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
Not all training programs work the exact same way. , if you are a sprinter you must not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to try and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The fascinating thing is that this is constructing a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is best matched for strength (shifting weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed specifically develop the right type of muscle fibres, that will considerably enhance your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The intriguing thing is the strategies that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is looking for that additional explosive power.
Who Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Vert Shock Single Leg Box Jumps
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Despite the fact that he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even challenging for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself typically on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training strategies readily available to him, nothing was truly making a distinction. It wasn’t up until he discovered the “shock” training technique that things began to alter.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking techniques.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is amazing worth!
The Science Behind the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Most guys simply desire to know how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
I desired to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant reducing contraction of the same muscle. Utilized the ideal way it can magnify power simply put explosive moves – like leaping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who saw how the Russian teams were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive workouts to activate the fast response and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, techniques and lessons and produced a easy to follow and carry out program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all major sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In a lot of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be really clear that these are the men and ladies that are more likely to make the teams. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
Possibly you are even going after a scholarship. You understand that you need to be not just at your best, but have capabilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to suffice. You require an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim outcomes.
Vert Shock Single Leg Box Jumps
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body ready for the primary part of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we grow older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibers are the ones that deteriorate first, as they are seldom used daily. Unless you are doing training and exercises that specifically assaults them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many individuals notice immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely happens and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in methods that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and build elastic muscle fibers needed for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to act totally in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most dedication to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and for that reason will fatigue. It’s at this tiredness point, once pushed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
This week is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you want to release.
All significant muscle advancement programs have what is called a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely created to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misinterpret all the extra benefits and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the essentials of the program really originates from track and field, there are other advantages as well;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your versatility and decrease your possibilities of injury
Just take a look at these testimonials regarding what difference the program has actually made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that ought to be taken likely, and you’re simply not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy brief cut that takes away any hard work.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will actually require to push through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no factor why it will not work for you too!
What Do People Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment needed: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric workouts. So they can be done in the house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and layout of the program is actually simple to follow. You can also access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow together with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will start seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Again, provided it is largely dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a great indication when the owners of a program are willing to completely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What People Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are accomplishing growth! While it’s not essential, Adam has decided to launch a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are super well covered, and the detail of the training is excellent, there is little background info on the science of the program. , if you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to begin with this program. Provided the shock element on your muscles if they have not been in any training for a while, then you may have a greater threat of an injury.
Vert Shock Single Leg Box Jumps
Today the people are using a number of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to list them all, but here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 filthy and fast hacks to give you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the total list of bonus modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over just recently. The people have chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some remarkable methods to increase you vertical jump. So you can get started training quickly.
The free ebook lists four explosive hacks showing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Typically they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, but today they are providing it away for free.
Get a copy while it’s totally free and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a strong and distinct training program for anybody who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely among the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been used by olympic athletes just adds to the high trustworthiness.
Backed with the outcomes of so many individuals who have utilized the program, and it is proving to be a genuine winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have actually bought the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will assist you end up being much faster, stronger and it will offer you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then definitely take a look at the Vert Shock program.
Vert Shock Single Leg Box Jumps