Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Vert Shock Phases
So far the sales of the program have been huge!
Are the claims true and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Take a look at this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s everything about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly astonished the number of people are fooled into training programs that are entirely wrong for them. For most kids the goal is to just gain muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the same method. , if you are a sprinter you ought to not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a kind of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is finest matched for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly develop the ideal type of muscle fibres, that will significantly enhance your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The intriguing thing is the strategies that are taught here might be used for any athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Exactly Produced the Program
The Vert Shock program was produced by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Vert Shock Phases
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly all over the world.
Although he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself frequently on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training methods readily available to him, nothing was actually making a difference. It wasn’t until he found the “shock” training approach that things began to alter.
Which became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking techniques.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is fantastic worth!
The Technology Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Most men just need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually developed.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the very same muscle. Utilized the best way it can amplify power in brief explosive moves – like leaping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who noticed how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive workouts to activate the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, lessons and methods and produced a basic to follow and execute program.
Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all significant sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In the majority of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It ought to be actually clear that these are the people and girls that are most likely to make the teams. A lot more significantly they get game-time!
Maybe you are even going after a scholarship. You know that you require to be not just at your finest, but have capabilities that make you stick out. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an eight week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim results.
Vert Shock Phases
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s created to get your body all set for the main part of the program.
It is essentially a pre-training and pre-conditioning duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training focuses on the ‘ flexible’ part of your muscles, there is a possibility that they have not been truly turned on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we grow older, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that degrade first, as they are hardly ever used daily. Unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly attacks them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up period.
This is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people notice immediate gains – simply by having these muscle fibers switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles really takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will remain in methods that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop flexible muscle fibers needed for greater jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave completely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most devotion to get through. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be used to and for that reason will tiredness. However it’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
This week is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All major muscle development programs have what is understand as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the extra advantages and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the fundamentals of the program actually originates from track and field, there are other benefits too;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and improves your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your possibilities of injury
Just check out these reviews regarding what distinction the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re just not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy brief cut that takes away any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually need to press through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no reason it will not work for you too!
What Do Folks Like About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or fitness center devices required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done at home – leaving no room for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is truly easy to follow. You can also access it from any gadget, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, provided it is mainly worked on body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a very great indication when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program outcomes. Not happy with the program – you can get all your money back!
What Other people Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to feel like they are attaining growth! While it’s not necessary, Adam has chosen to release a separate module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are extremely well covered, and the detail of the training is excellent, there is little background information on the science of the program. , if you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to start with this program. Offered the shock factor on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you might have a higher risk of an injury.
Vert Shock Phases
Now the people are offering a number of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are too lots of to list them all, however here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and eliminate the 4 ‘jump killers’ that is sabotaging your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and quick hacks to offer you an additional number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of bonus offer modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over just recently. The men have actually chosen to offer a Free ebook covering some remarkable techniques to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training immediately.
The complimentary ebook lists 4 explosive hacks showing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are giving it away totally free.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and unique training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The truth that it is based upon science, that has been used by olympic professional athletes simply contributes to the high credibility.
Then backed with the outcomes of a lot of people who have actually utilized the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have bought the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become much faster, more powerful and it will offer you a genuine chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always desired.
Absolutely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball game to the next level.
Vert Shock Phases