Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research study on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). Slam Dunk In Basketball
So far the sales of the program have been massive!
Are the claims real and does it really work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always astonished the number of individuals are deceived into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For a lot of young boys the aim is to merely get muscle – who does not want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the same method. If you are a sprinter you must not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is finest suited for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly develop the right kind of muscle fibers, that will dramatically improve your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and need extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The fascinating thing is the methods that are taught here could be used for any professional athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Exactly Created the Program
The Vert Shock program was produced by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Slam Dunk In Basketball
Adam is the primary developer of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly around the globe.
Although he was thought about ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself typically on the bench early in his profession. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training strategies offered to him, nothing was really making a difference. It wasn’t till he found the “shock” training approach that things started to change.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is amazing value!
The Research Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of men simply need to know how to score that dunk, not the factor why they can do it.
But I wanted to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant shortening contraction of the exact same muscle. Utilized the right method it can amplify power in brief explosive moves – like leaping.
The real science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started using the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous US Olympian, who saw how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to activate the fast action and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, techniques and lessons and developed a basic to implement and follow program.
Exactly Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In most professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be truly clear that these are the men and women that are more likely to make the teams. Much more notably they get game-time!
Possibly you are even going after a scholarship. You know that you need to be not only at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to offer you maxim results.
Slam Dunk In Basketball
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s created to get your body all set for the main portion of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ part of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they have not been really turned on for some time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibers are the ones that deteriorate initially, as they are rarely utilized everyday. Unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of individuals see instant gains – just by having these muscle fibers switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles truly takes place and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in manner ins which you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres essential for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to act entirely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to survive. You will be using your muscles in ways that they will not be utilized to and therefore will tiredness. However it’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
Today is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misconstrue all the extra benefits and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the basics of the program in fact originates from track and field, there are other benefits too;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Just have a look at these testimonials regarding what distinction the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Help You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that ought to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy short cut that takes away any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually need to push through and work your butt off! This means you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
However, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no reason that it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or gym equipment required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done in your home – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and layout of the program is truly easy to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, provided it is largely dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a great indication when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program results. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your refund!
What People Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights simply to seem like they are attaining development! While it’s not needed, Adam has decided to launch a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are very well covered, and the information of the training is exceptional, there is little background details on the science of the program. , if you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in rather a while, then it may not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you might have a higher risk of an injury.
Slam Dunk In Basketball
Now the people are using a number of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are too lots of to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and get rid of the 4 ‘jump killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and quick hacks to offer you an additional number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program deserves nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to eliminate foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the best foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the total list of reward modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over just recently when doing this newest review of Vert Shock. The guys have actually decided to provide a Free ebook covering some awesome techniques to increase you vertical jump. You can get started training straight away.
The totally free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Normally they have been charging at least $17 for a copy, but today they are offering it away totally free.
Get a copy while it’s still available and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a strong and special training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the top vertical jump programs out there right now.
The truth that it is based on science, that has actually been utilized by olympic athletes simply includes to the high credibility.
Then backed with the outcomes of a lot of individuals who have utilized the program, and it is showing to be a real winner. Those basketball players and athletes that have purchased the program now have a big edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become much faster, stronger and it will provide you a real shot at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
Definitely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program if you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level.
Slam Dunk In Basketball