Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently discovered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How To Slam Dunk A Basketball
So far the sales of the program have actually been enormous!
Are the claims true and does it truly work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover out what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always amazed how lots of individuals are deceived into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For most boys the objective is to just gain muscle – who doesn’t desire that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the exact same way. If you are a sprinter you ought to not be training the like a power-lifter!
And yet, what do numerous people do to attempt and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The fascinating thing is that this is constructing a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is finest matched for strength ( moving weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly construct the ideal kind of muscle fibers, that will significantly enhance your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is created for you.
The interesting thing is the methods that are taught here could be used for any professional athlete that is looking for that additional explosive power.
Who Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Slam Dunk A Basketball
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly all over the world.
Despite the fact that he was considered ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even challenging for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself frequently on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training techniques readily available to him, nothing was actually making a distinction. So it wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training approach that things started to alter.
And that became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, maximum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is incredible value!
The Technology Behind the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of men just wish to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
But I wished to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually produced.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the same muscle. Used the proper way it can enhance power simply put explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started using the term “shock technique” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who observed how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to trigger the fast action and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, strategies and lessons and created a basic to follow and implement program.
Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all significant sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibres. In many professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It should be really clear that these are the guys and women that are most likely to make the groups. Much more notably they get game-time!
You understand that you require to be not only at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim outcomes.
How To Slam Dunk A Basketball
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s designed to get your body ready for the primary part of the program.
It is essentially a pre-training and pre-conditioning duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been genuinely turned on for a long time.
The intriguing thing is as we get older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever used day-to-day. Unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly attacks them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of people see instant gains – just by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely takes place and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will remain in ways that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop flexible muscle fibres required for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act totally differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most dedication to survive. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. However it’s at this fatigue point, when pushed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to introduce.
All significant muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply designed to increase your vertical jump. Sadly that is where people focus, and misunderstand all the additional benefits and results that you will achieve.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the fundamentals of the program in fact comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and improves your endurance
- Improve your versatility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Simply have a look at these testimonials as to what distinction the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you do not get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy route that takes away any difficult work.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really require to press through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
However, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no reason it won’t work for you too!
What Do People Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. They can be done at home – leaving no room for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is really simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As pointed out above, it’s probably that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Again, offered it is largely dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a really great indication when the owners of a program are prepared to completely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your money back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to feel like they are attaining development! While it’s not required, Adam has actually decided to release a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are super well covered, and the detail of the training is excellent, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the younger crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in quite a while, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you might have a higher danger of an injury.
How To Slam Dunk A Basketball
Right now the people are using a variety of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are too numerous to list them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and remove the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 quick and dirty hacks to provide you an extra couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your method speed!
Check this out for the total list of reward modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over just recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The guys have actually decided to provide a Free ebook covering some awesome techniques to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training quickly.
The totally free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Typically they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are providing it away for complimentary.
Grab a copy while it’s free and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a unique and strong training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The reality that it is based upon science, that has actually been used by olympic professional athletes merely includes to the high reliability.
Then backed with the results of many people who have actually utilized the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have actually bought the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become faster, stronger and it will give you a real shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
Definitely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball game to the next level.
How To Slam Dunk A Basketball