Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research study on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Jump To Dunk
Far the sales of the program have actually been huge!
So are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always astonished how numerous individuals are tricked into training programs that are totally incorrect for them. For the majority of young boys the aim is to merely get muscle – who does not want that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach?
However not all training programs work the exact same way. If you are a sprinter you should not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest suited for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created particularly build the ideal kind of muscle fibers, that will dramatically enhance your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and need extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The intriguing thing is the techniques that are taught here could be utilized for any professional athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Jump To Dunk
Adam is the main creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Although he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, therefore discovered himself typically on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training methods offered to him, nothing was actually making a difference. It wasn’t up until he discovered the “shock” training approach that things began to change.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has actually taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, maximum vertical height and dinking techniques.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is amazing value!
The Science Behind the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many men just need to know how to score that dunk, not the factor why they can do it.
I desired to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the exact same muscle. Used properly it can amplify power simply put explosive relocations – like jumping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian teams were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive workouts to trigger the quick action and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, techniques and lessons and developed a simple to follow and execute program.
Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports needs using fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibres. In a lot of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It should be really clear that these are the people and ladies that are most likely to make the teams. Even more notably they get game-time!
Maybe you are even chasing a scholarship. You know that you need to be not only at your best, however have abilities that make you stick out. Requirement training programs merely aren’t going to cut it. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an eight week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to provide you maxim outcomes.
How To Jump To Dunk
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s created to get your body all set for the main part of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ part of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they have not been really turned on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we grow older, the ‘ jerk’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken initially, as they are hardly ever used daily. So unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many individuals discover instant gains – just by having these muscle fibers switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles truly takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in manner ins which you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibers required for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act completely in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to get through. You will be using your muscles in ways that they will not be used to and for that reason will tiredness. However it’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains actually remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you desire to introduce.
All significant muscle development programs have what is understand as a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where people focus, and misinterpret all the additional advantages and results that you will achieve.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the fundamentals of the program actually comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your versatility and decrease your possibilities of injury
Just have a look at these testimonials as to what difference the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re simply not going to get the results if you do not get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy brief cut that removes any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually need to push through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
However, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no reason it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club devices required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. They can be done at home – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is truly simple to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s most likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Again, given it is mostly worked on body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a excellent sign when the owners of a program want to totally back the program results. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your money back!
What People Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to seem like they are attaining development! While it’s not required, Adam has decided to release a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are super well covered, and the detail of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. , if you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to start with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you might have a greater danger of an injury.
How To Jump To Dunk
Today the men are using a number of bonuses when you sign-up to the program. There are too numerous to list them all, however here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 quick and dirty hacks to provide you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the best foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of benefit modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over recently. The men have decided to offer a Free ebook covering some awesome strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can start training immediately.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are giving it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and distinct training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely among the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been utilized by olympic athletes just adds to the high reliability.
Then backed with the outcomes of a lot of people who have actually utilized the program, and it is showing to be a real winner. Those basketball players and athletes that have actually bought the program now have a big edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you end up being much faster, stronger and it will offer you a real shot at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve always desired.
Definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level.
How To Jump To Dunk