How To Jump Higher Without Weights – The Truth
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research study on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How To Jump Higher Without Weights
Far the sales of the program have been huge!
So are the claims true and does it truly work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly surprised the number of people are fooled into training programs that are completely incorrect for them. For most boys the aim is to merely acquire muscle – who does not want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
Not all training programs work the exact same way. If you are a sprinter you need to not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is developing a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength ( moving weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly build the right kind of muscle fibers, that will dramatically improve your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and require additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The fascinating thing is the methods that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is looking for that extra explosive power.
Who Created the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Jump Higher Without Weights
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally all over the world.
Although he was thought about ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself often on the bench early in his profession. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training strategies available to him, nothing was really making a distinction. It wasn’t up until he found the “shock” training method that things began to alter.
And that became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually secured the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about jumping, maximum vertical height and dinking techniques.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is incredible worth!
The Technology Responsible For the Vert Shock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Most guys just need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
I wanted to include this to reveal you that there is a real science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research shows the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the same muscle. Used properly it can amplify power in other words explosive moves – like leaping.
The real science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who discovered how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive workouts to trigger the quick reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, strategies and lessons and developed a simple to follow and implement program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all major sports requires making use of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibers. In most professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It must be really clear that these are the men and girls that are most likely to make the groups. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
You understand that you need to be not only at your finest, however have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs simply aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
Vert Shock was created as an 8 week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is designed to give you maxim results.
How To Jump Higher Without Weights
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s designed to get your body all set for the main part of the program.
It is essentially a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training concentrates on the ‘elastic’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they haven’t been genuinely changed on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we grow older, the ‘twitch’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are seldom used daily. So unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly assaults them, then it’s most likely they require this warm-up duration.
Although this is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of people see immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles truly happens and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in manner ins which you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres required for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to act completely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to make it through. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be utilized to and for that reason will fatigue. But it’s at this fatigue point, once pushed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
This week is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to introduce.
All significant muscle advancement programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With Vert Shock
Vert Shock is a program merely designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where people focus, and misinterpret all the additional benefits and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the essentials of the program really comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and decrease your chances of injury
Simply have a look at these testimonials regarding what distinction the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you do not get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy short cut that eliminates any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will truly require to press through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
However, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no factor why it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club devices required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at house – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and layout of the program is truly simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any gadget, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, given it is largely worked on body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a excellent indication when the owners of a program are ready to totally back the program results. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Other people Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are accomplishing development! While it’s not essential, Adam has chosen to launch a separate module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are very well covered, and the detail of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to start with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you may have a higher risk of an injury.
How To Jump Higher Without Weights
Right now the men are offering a variety of benefits when you sign-up to the program. There are too many to list them all, but here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 quick and unclean hacks to give you an extra couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your technique speed!
Check this out for the total list of reward modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over just recently when doing this newest review of Vert Shock. The guys have actually decided to offer a Free ebook covering some incredible methods to increase you vertical jump. You can get begun training directly away.
The free ebook lists four explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have been charging at least $17 for a copy, but today they are giving it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and free !
The Vert Shock program is a strong and unique training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the top vertical jump programs out there today.
The truth that it is based on science, that has actually been used by olympic athletes merely adds to the high trustworthiness.
Backed with the outcomes of so many individuals who have utilized the program, and it is proving to be a genuine winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a substantial edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you end up being quicker, stronger and it will provide you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then absolutely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program.
How To Jump Higher Without Weights