Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently came throughout the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Dunk When You’re 5’8
Up until now the sales of the program have been enormous!
Are the claims true and does it really work?
Will this program have you jumping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Take a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always surprised the number of people are tricked into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For the majority of boys the goal is to just acquire muscle – who doesn’t want that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
However not all training programs work the very same way. , if you are a sprinter you should not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is building a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength (shifting weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed specifically build the best type of muscle fibers, that will considerably enhance your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The interesting thing is the strategies that are taught here could be utilized for any professional athlete that is trying to find that extra explosive power.
Who Exactly Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’8
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly around the world.
Although he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself often on the bench early in his profession. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training methods available to him, absolutely nothing was actually making a difference. It wasn’t up until he found the “shock” training method that things began to change.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has gotten the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is remarkable worth!
The Science Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of guys simply would like to know how to score that dunk, not the factor why they can do it.
But I desired to include this to show you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the same muscle. Used the proper way it can amplify power in brief explosive relocations – like leaping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who observed how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to activate the fast response and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, techniques and lessons and developed a basic to follow and execute program.
Why Is This So Crucial?
Nearly all major sports requires using fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibers. In most professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be truly clear that these are the men and girls that are most likely to make the groups. Much more importantly they get game-time!
You understand that you require to be not just at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs simply aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim outcomes.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’8
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s designed to get your body ready for the main part of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ part of your muscles, there is a possibility that they haven’t been truly changed on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever utilized everyday. Unless you are doing training and exercises that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they need this warm-up duration.
Although this is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of people see immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles really happens and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and tension. This will be in methods that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibers essential for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act entirely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most devotion to make it through. You will be utilizing your muscles in manner ins which they will not be used to and therefore will tiredness. But it’s at this fatigue point, as soon as pushed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total created to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to launch.
All major muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the extra benefits and results that you will attain.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the basics of the program really comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and decrease your chances of injury
Just check out these testimonials as to what difference the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that needs to be taken likely, and you’re just not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy route that removes any hard work.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will really require to press through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no factor why it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. They can be done at house – leaving no room for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is actually easy to follow. You can also access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As pointed out above, it’s more than likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Again, offered it is largely dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a excellent sign when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program outcomes. Not happy with the program – you can get all your refund!
What People Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights just to feel like they are achieving development! While it’s not essential, Adam has decided to launch a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the detail of the training is excellent, there is little background info on the science of the program. , if you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to start with this program. Provided the shock element on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you may have a greater risk of an injury.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’8
Today the men are providing a number of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to list them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and remove the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and fast hacks to provide you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your method speed!
Check this out for the complete list of reward modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over just recently. The guys have actually chosen to provide a Free ebook covering some awesome strategies to increase you vertical jump. You can get begun training straight away.
The complimentary ebook lists four explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, but today they are offering it away for complimentary.
Get a copy while it’s still offered and totally free !
The Vert Shock program is a special and solid training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The fact that it is based on science, that has actually been utilized by olympic professional athletes just adds to the high credibility.
Backed with the outcomes of so numerous individuals who have used the program, and it is proving to be a genuine winner. Those basketball players and athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will assist you become faster, stronger and it will provide you a real chance at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
Definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’8