Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Dunk When You’re 5’10
Far the sales of the program have been huge!
Are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you jumping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s everything about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly astonished how numerous individuals are tricked into training programs that are completely wrong for them. For most boys the aim is to merely gain muscle – who doesn’t desire that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
But not all training programs work the same method. If you are a sprinter you ought to not be training the like a power-lifter!
And yet, what do numerous individuals do to attempt and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is best matched for strength (shifting weight), not launching you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created specifically develop the right type of muscle fibers, that will considerably improve your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and require additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is created for you.
The interesting thing is the techniques that are taught here could be used for any athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Exactly Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’10
Adam is the primary developer of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally worldwide.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself typically on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training strategies readily available to him, absolutely nothing was actually making a distinction. So it wasn’t up until he found the “shock” training method that things started to alter.
Which became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually secured the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is fantastic value!
The Technology Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Most men simply need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
But I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has produced.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant reducing contraction of the very same muscle. Utilized the proper way it can magnify power in short explosive relocations – like leaping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock technique” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who discovered how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to trigger the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, strategies and lessons and developed a basic to follow and carry out program.
Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports requires using fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In a lot of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be really clear that these are the people and ladies that are most likely to make the groups. Even more significantly they get game-time!
You understand that you require to be not just at your best, however have capabilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs merely aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is designed to give you maxim outcomes.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’10
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s created to get your body prepared for the main part of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they haven’t been really changed on for some time.
The fascinating thing is as we get older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever utilized everyday. So unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly assaults them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of individuals discover immediate gains – merely by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles truly occurs and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will be in methods that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres required for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave entirely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most dedication to survive. You will be using your muscles in ways that they will not be used to and for that reason will fatigue. It’s at this fatigue point, once pressed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just created to increase your vertical jump. Unfortunately that is where individuals focus, and misinterpret all the fringe benefits and results that you will attain.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the essentials of the program in fact comes from track and field, there are other advantages;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your stamina
- Improve your versatility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Simply check out these reviews regarding what distinction the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re just not going to get the outcomes if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy brief cut that removes any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will truly require to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or fitness center equipment required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. They can be done at home – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is actually simple to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s most likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Again, offered it is mainly worked on body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a great indication when the owners of a program want to totally back the program results. Not happy with the program – you can get all your refund!
What Folks Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are attaining growth! While it’s not necessary, Adam has chosen to release a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are extremely well covered, and the information of the training is excellent, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you have an interest in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock factor on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you may have a higher danger of an injury.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’10
Right now the people are offering a variety of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and get rid of the 4 ‘jump killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and quick hacks to give you an extra number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to eliminate foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of reward modules and training.
When doing this latest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over just recently. The men have chosen to provide a Free ebook covering some awesome methods to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training quickly.
The complimentary ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are providing it away free of charge.
Get a copy while it’s complimentary and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a distinct and solid training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the top vertical jump programs out there today.
The fact that it is based on science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes just contributes to the high reliability.
Backed with the results of so numerous people who have actually used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball players and athletes that have purchased the program now have a big edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will assist you become faster, stronger and it will give you a genuine chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then absolutely have a look at the Vert Shock program.
How To Dunk When You’re 5’10