Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How To Dunk When You Are Short
So far the sales of the program have actually been huge!
So are the claims true and does it truly work?
Will this program have you jumping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Take a look at this Vert Shock review and discover out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly astonished how many individuals are tricked into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For most young boys the goal is to just acquire muscle – who doesn’t want that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the very same way. , if you are a sprinter you need to not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to try and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The fascinating thing is that this is developing a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is best suited for strength ( moving weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed specifically develop the ideal kind of muscle fibers, that will drastically enhance your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The fascinating thing is the strategies that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is looking for that additional explosive power.
Who Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was produced by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk When You Are Short
Adam is the main creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally worldwide.
Even though he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself typically on the bench early in his career. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training strategies offered to him, nothing was really making a distinction. It wasn’t till he found the “shock” training approach that things began to alter.
And that became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, maximum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is incredible worth!
The Science Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of people just want to understand how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
But I wished to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the exact same muscle. Used the right method it can amplify power in other words explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began using the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous United States Olympian, who discovered how the Russian teams were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive workouts to trigger the fast reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, methods and lessons and developed a easy to execute and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Crucial?
Nearly all significant sports requires using fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibres. In many expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It must be actually clear that these are the men and girls that are more most likely to make the teams. Even more importantly they get game-time!
Possibly you are even going after a scholarship. You know that you require to be not only at your finest, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to give you maxim results.
How To Dunk When You Are Short
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body prepared for the primary part of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been really turned on for a long time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever utilized daily. Unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly assaults them, then it’s likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of people notice immediate gains – merely by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles really occurs and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and stress. This will be in manner ins which you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop flexible muscle fibers essential for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave entirely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most devotion to make it through. You will be using your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and for that reason will fatigue. But it’s at this fatigue point, once pressed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
This week is total created to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All major muscle advancement programs have what is know as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely designed to increase your vertical jump. Regrettably that is where people focus, and misunderstand all the fringe benefits and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the fundamentals of the program actually comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your versatility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Just check out these reviews as to what difference the program has made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re just not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy brief cut that takes away any hard work.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will actually need to press through and work your butt off! This means you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no factor why it won’t work for you too!
What Do People Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done at house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is really simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s probably that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, provided it is mostly dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a great indication when the owners of a program want to completely back the program outcomes. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Other people Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights simply to feel like they are accomplishing development! While it’s not needed, Adam has chosen to release a separate module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are very well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you have an interest in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in rather a while, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you may have a greater risk of an injury.
How To Dunk When You Are Short
Right now the people are providing a number of bonuses when you sign-up to the program. There are too numerous to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 quick and unclean hacks to provide you an additional number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to eliminate foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of benefit modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over just recently. The men have decided to supply a Free ebook covering some awesome strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can begin training straight away.
The complimentary ebook lists four explosive hacks revealing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however today they are offering it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s free and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and unique training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely among the top vertical jump programs out there today.
The reality that it is based on science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes merely adds to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the results of a lot of people who have actually utilized the program, and it is showing to be a genuine winner. Those basketball players and athletes that have actually bought the program now have a substantial edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will assist you end up being much faster, stronger and it will provide you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always desired.
Absolutely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball game to the next level.
How To Dunk When You Are Short