Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Dunk In Basketball
Far the sales of the program have been enormous!
Are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you jumping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and discover out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always astonished the number of people are fooled into training programs that are completely incorrect for them. For most boys the objective is to simply get muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach?
Not all training programs work the same method. If you are a sprinter you must not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest matched for strength ( moving weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly develop the best type of muscle fibres, that will dramatically enhance your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and require additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The fascinating thing is the techniques that are taught here could be utilized for any professional athlete that is searching for that extra explosive power.
Who Produced the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk In Basketball
Adam is the main creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally around the globe.
Even though he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself often on the bench early in his career. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training methods readily available to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a difference. It wasn’t till he found the “shock” training approach that things started to alter.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is incredible value!
The Research Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of guys simply desire to understand how to score that dunk, not the factor why they can do it.
But I desired to include this to show you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research reveals the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant shortening contraction of the same muscle. Used the best method it can enhance power in other words explosive moves – like leaping.
The actual science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to trigger the quick action and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, techniques and lessons and developed a easy to follow and carry out program.
Reasons Why Is This So Crucial?
Nearly all significant sports requires the usage of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In a lot of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It ought to be really clear that these are the men and ladies that are more most likely to make the groups. Even more notably they get game-time!
You understand that you need to be not only at your finest, but have capabilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to offer you maxim outcomes.
How To Dunk In Basketball
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s created to get your body all set for the primary portion of the program.
It is essentially a pre-conditioning and pre-training duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training concentrates on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been truly turned on for some time.
The intriguing thing is as we grow older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibers are the ones that degrade first, as they are hardly ever utilized everyday. Unless you are doing training and exercises that specifically assaults them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
Although this is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people discover immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles truly happens and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will remain in ways that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and construct flexible muscle fibres required for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave completely differently.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to survive. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be used to and therefore will fatigue. It’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains truly take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Last but not least, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total designed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you desire to release.
All major muscle development programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where people focus, and misunderstand all the extra advantages and results that you will achieve.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the basics of the program really originates from track and field, there are other advantages also;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your flexibility and decrease your opportunities of injury
Simply take a look at these testimonials as to what difference the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy route that eliminates any effort.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will really need to press through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason why it will not work for you too!
What Do Folks Love About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or fitness center equipment required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at home – leaving no room for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and layout of the program is truly simple to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s probably that you will begin seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, given it is largely worked on body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a very excellent indication when the owners of a program are willing to completely back the program outcomes. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your refund!
What Other people Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to seem like they are achieving development! While it’s not essential, Adam has actually decided to launch a separate module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background info on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to start with this program. Provided the shock factor on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you may have a greater risk of an injury.
How To Dunk In Basketball
Now the guys are using a number of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 fast and unclean hacks to offer you an extra couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program deserves nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of perk modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The men have chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some remarkable methods to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training directly away.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Normally they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, but right now they are offering it away for complimentary.
Get a copy while it’s complimentary and still readily available !
The Vert Shock program is a distinct and solid training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the top vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based upon science, that has actually been utilized by olympic athletes just adds to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the results of a lot of people who have actually utilized the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have bought the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become much faster, more powerful and it will provide you a genuine shot at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
If you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level, then definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program.
How To Dunk In Basketball