Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Dunk If You’re 5’9
So far the sales of the program have actually been huge!
Are the claims real and does it really work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s everything about – and notably if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly astonished the number of people are tricked into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For many boys the objective is to merely acquire muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
Not all training programs work the very same way. , if you are a sprinter you need to not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do numerous people do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is constructing a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is finest fit for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed specifically develop the right kind of muscle fibres, that will significantly enhance your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The intriguing thing is the methods that are taught here might be used for any professional athlete that is searching for that extra explosive power.
Who Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk If You’re 5’9
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly around the world.
Despite the fact that he was considered ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even challenging for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself typically on the bench early in his career. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training strategies offered to him, nothing was actually making a distinction. It wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training method that things started to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, maximum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is incredible worth!
The Science Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many people simply need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason why they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has produced.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the exact same muscle. Used the ideal method it can enhance power in brief explosive relocations – like leaping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began using the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who noticed how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the quick reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, methods and lessons and developed a basic to implement and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Crucial?
Almost all major sports requires the usage of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibres. In the majority of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be actually clear that these are the men and girls that are more likely to make the teams. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not only at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to provide you maxim outcomes.
How To Dunk If You’re 5’9
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body prepared for the primary part of the program.
It is basically a pre-training and pre-conditioning duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training focuses on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a possibility that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for some time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibers are the ones that degrade first, as they are rarely utilized day-to-day. So unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly assaults them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
Although this is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many individuals see instant gains – merely by having these muscle fibers switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely happens and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and tension. This will be in manner ins which you’re not used to, and will wake-up and build elastic muscle fibers needed for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave entirely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in ways that they will not be utilized to and for that reason will tiredness. It’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
This week is total designed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to launch.
All significant muscle advancement programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just designed to increase your vertical jump. Regrettably that is where individuals focus, and misinterpret all the fringe benefits and results that you will achieve.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the fundamentals of the program really comes from track and field, there are other advantages also;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your versatility and decrease your chances of injury
Just check out these testimonials regarding what difference the program has actually made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re simply not going to get the results if you do not get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy short cut that eliminates any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will truly need to press through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no factor why it won’t work for you too!
What Do People Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or gym devices needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done in your home – leaving no room for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is truly easy to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As pointed out above, it’s most likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, offered it is largely worked on body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a really excellent indication when the owners of a program want to completely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are achieving development! While it’s not required, Adam has decided to release a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are incredibly well covered, and the information of the training is exceptional, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in rather a while, then it might not be best to start with this program. Provided the shock aspect on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you may have a higher risk of an injury.
How To Dunk If You’re 5’9
Now the men are providing a number of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are too lots of to note them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 quick and dirty hacks to provide you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the best foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the total list of perk modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The people have chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some amazing techniques to increase you vertical jump. You can get begun training directly away.
The complimentary ebook lists four explosive hacks showing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have been charging at least $17 for a copy, however right now they are providing it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and free !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and distinct training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the top vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based upon science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes simply contributes to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the results of a lot of people who have utilized the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and professional athletes that have bought the program now have a substantial edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will assist you end up being faster, stronger and it will provide you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
Definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level.
How To Dunk If You’re 5’9