Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, created to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How To Dunk For Beginners
Far the sales of the program have been enormous!
So are the claims true and does it actually work?
Will this program have you jumping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always amazed how numerous people are deceived into training programs that are totally wrong for them. For a lot of boys the aim is to merely acquire muscle – who does not want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
But not all training programs work the exact same way. , if you are a sprinter you should not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to attempt and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength ( moving weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed specifically construct the ideal type of muscle fibres, that will significantly enhance your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is created for you.
The interesting thing is the techniques that are taught here could be utilized for any professional athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Exactly Established the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk For Beginners
Adam is the primary developer of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself frequently on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training techniques readily available to him, nothing was actually making a difference. It wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training approach that things began to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about jumping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is remarkable value!
The Science Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many men just desire to know how to score that dunk, not the reason why they can do it.
I desired to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually developed.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study reveals the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the very same muscle. Utilized the proper way it can enhance power in other words explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian teams were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the fast reaction and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, strategies and lessons and developed a simple to follow and execute program.
Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports needs using fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibres. In a lot of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It ought to be really clear that these are the people and women that are more most likely to make the groups. Much more importantly they get game-time!
Maybe you are even chasing after a scholarship. You know that you need to be not only at your finest, but have capabilities that make you stick out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to suffice. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to give you maxim outcomes.
How To Dunk For Beginners
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body ready for the primary part of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they haven’t been genuinely changed on for some time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibers are the ones that weaken first, as they are rarely used daily. Unless you are doing training and exercises that particularly assaults them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
This is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, a lot of people discover immediate gains – simply by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and tension. This will remain in manner ins which you’re not used to, and will wake-up and construct flexible muscle fibres essential for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act completely in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most devotion to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in ways that they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. However it’s at this fatigue point, when pressed through that the gains really remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Last but not least, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to launch.
All major muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely developed to increase your vertical jump. Regrettably that is where people focus, and misconstrue all the fringe benefits and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the fundamentals of the program really comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and improves your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Simply check out these reviews regarding what distinction the program has made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Help You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy brief cut that takes away any effort.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will truly need to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no factor why it won’t work for you too!
What Do People Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club devices needed: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. They can be done at house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and layout of the program is actually simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s most likely that you will start seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, provided it is mainly worked on body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a excellent sign when the owners of a program want to completely back the program results. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What People Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights simply to feel like they are attaining development! While it’s not essential, Adam has actually chosen to release a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the detail of the training is exceptional, there is little background details on the science of the program. , if you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in rather a while, then it might not be best to start with this program. Provided the shock factor on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you may have a greater threat of an injury.
How To Dunk For Beginners
Today the guys are using a variety of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to list them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 filthy and fast hacks to provide you an extra number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the total list of reward modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The men have actually chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some amazing strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training immediately.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Typically they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are giving it away for free.
Grab a copy while it’s totally free and still readily available !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and distinct training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The fact that it is based on science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes simply adds to the high reliability.
Backed with the outcomes of so numerous people who have utilized the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have invested in the program now have a huge edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will help you become much faster, stronger and it will give you a genuine chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level, then definitely take a look at the Vert Shock program.
How To Dunk For Beginners