Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently encountered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, created to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). How To Dunk Easier
So far the sales of the program have been massive!
So are the claims true and does it really work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly surprised how many people are tricked into training programs that are entirely wrong for them. For the majority of young boys the aim is to simply get muscle – who does not want that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach?
But not all training programs work the same way. If you are a sprinter you should not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to attempt and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is developing a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best suited for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed particularly develop the best type of muscle fibres, that will drastically improve your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The fascinating thing is the strategies that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is looking for that extra explosive power.
Who Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was produced by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk Easier
Adam is the primary creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally worldwide.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, therefore discovered himself typically on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training strategies offered to him, absolutely nothing was actually making a difference. So it wasn’t until he found the “shock” training method that things began to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is incredible worth!
The Research Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of men just need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
However I wished to include this to reveal you that there is a real science behind what Adam has produced.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the very same muscle. Used properly it can amplify power simply put explosive moves – like jumping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He began using the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous US Olympian, who noticed how the Russian groups were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to trigger the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, methods and lessons and produced a basic to follow and carry out program.
Exactly Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all major sports requires the use of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibers. In a lot of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It ought to be truly clear that these are the men and ladies that are most likely to make the teams. Even more notably they get game-time!
Possibly you are even chasing a scholarship. You understand that you need to be not only at your finest, however have capabilities that make you stand apart. Requirement training programs simply aren’t going to suffice. You need an edge over the competition!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was created as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is designed to provide you maxim results.
How To Dunk Easier
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s created to get your body prepared for the primary portion of the program.
It is generally a pre-training and pre-conditioning duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a chance that they haven’t been truly turned on for a long time.
The intriguing thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that degrade first, as they are seldom utilized everyday. Unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly attacks them, then it’s most likely they require this warm-up period.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, most individuals observe instant gains – merely by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles really takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in ways that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and construct elastic muscle fibres necessary for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act entirely in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most dedication to get through. You will be using your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and for that reason will fatigue. It’s at this fatigue point, when pushed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is know as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply created to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misconstrue all the extra benefits and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the basics of the program in fact comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your stamina
- Improve your versatility and reduce your chances of injury
Just take a look at these testimonials as to what difference the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy route that takes away any hard work.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really need to press through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or gym devices required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at house – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is actually simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any gadget, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s probably that you will begin seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, given it is largely dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a great sign when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your money back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights just to seem like they are attaining growth! While it’s not required, Adam has actually decided to launch a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are super well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you have an interest in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to start with this program. Offered the shock factor on your muscles if they have not been in any training for a while, then you might have a higher danger of an injury.
How To Dunk Easier
Now the men are offering a number of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are too lots of to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and fast hacks to offer you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the best foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the total list of bonus offer modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The people have chosen to offer a Free ebook covering some incredible strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training straight away.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks showing how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have been charging at least $17 for a copy, but right now they are giving it away totally free.
Grab a copy while it’s totally free and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a special and solid training program for anybody who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The fact that it is based upon science, that has actually been used by olympic athletes simply adds to the high credibility.
Then backed with the results of so many people who have used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and professional athletes that have purchased the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will assist you become quicker, more powerful and it will give you a genuine shot at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
Definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball game to the next level.
How To Dunk Easier