Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research study on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How To Dunk As A Kid
Up until now the sales of the program have actually been huge!
So are the claims true and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always amazed the number of people are deceived into training programs that are entirely incorrect for them. For many boys the objective is to merely get muscle – who does not want that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
Not all training programs work the same way. , if you are a sprinter you should not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to try and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a type of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest matched for strength ( moving weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is designed particularly construct the ideal type of muscle fibers, that will drastically enhance your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The interesting thing is the strategies that are taught here might be used for any professional athlete that is searching for that additional explosive power.
Who Produced the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How To Dunk As A Kid
Adam is the main developer of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally around the world.
Despite the fact that he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself often on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training techniques available to him, nothing was really making a distinction. So it wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training technique that things started to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is fantastic value!
The Science Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of people simply desire to know how to score that dunk, not the reason why they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a real science behind what Adam has created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant shortening contraction of the same muscle. Used properly it can amplify power simply put explosive relocations – like leaping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous US Olympian, who observed how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive workouts to trigger the fast reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, methods and lessons and created a basic to execute and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Almost all significant sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In the majority of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It needs to be really clear that these are the men and girls that are more likely to make the teams. Even more importantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not only at your best, however have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an 8 week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to provide you maxim results.
How To Dunk As A Kid
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s developed to get your body all set for the primary part of the program.
It is basically a pre-training and pre-conditioning period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ part of your muscles, there is a possibility that they have not been genuinely turned on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we get older, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that deteriorate initially, as they are rarely utilized daily. So unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically assaults them, then it’s most likely they require this warm-up period.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, most individuals discover immediate gains – simply by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles genuinely takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will remain in ways that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and construct flexible muscle fibers required for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave totally in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most devotion to survive. You will be utilizing your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and for that reason will fatigue. It’s at this tiredness point, once pressed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Last but not least, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total created to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to introduce.
All major muscle development programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply created to increase your vertical jump. Unfortunately that is where people focus, and misconstrue all the fringe benefits and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the basics of the program in fact originates from track and field, there are other advantages as well;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and improves your stamina
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your possibilities of injury
Simply take a look at these testimonials as to what distinction the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy route that takes away any tough work.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will really require to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the directions, then yes – there is no reason why it will not work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done in the house – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is really simple to follow. You can also access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow in addition to the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s most likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Again, provided it is mainly worked on body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a extremely great indication when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program results. Not happy with the program – you can get all your money back!
What Other people Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to seem like they are accomplishing development! While it’s not essential, Adam has actually decided to release a different module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the detail of the training is excellent, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Given the shock factor on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you may have a greater threat of an injury.
How To Dunk As A Kid
Right now the guys are using a number of rewards when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to list them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and remove the 4 ‘jump killers’ that is undermining your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and quick hacks to give you an additional number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your method speed!
Check this out for the complete list of benefit modules and training.
When doing this latest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over recently. The guys have chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some amazing methods to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training immediately.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Generally they have actually been charging at least $17 for a copy, but right now they are providing it away for free.
Get a copy while it’s still readily available and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and distinct training program for anyone who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely among the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been utilized by olympic professional athletes merely contributes to the high reliability.
Backed with the results of so many people who have utilized the program, and it is showing to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a substantial edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will help you end up being faster, more powerful and it will give you a genuine chance at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then definitely take a look at the Vert Shock program.
How To Dunk As A Kid