How Do You Train To Jump Higher – The Truth
I recently came across the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). How Do You Train To Jump Higher
Up until now the sales of the program have been enormous!
So are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and find out what it’s everything about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly amazed the number of people are fooled into training programs that are completely wrong for them. For most boys the goal is to just get muscle – who doesn’t want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
However not all training programs work the same method. , if you are a sprinter you need to not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and get more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest matched for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly develop the right kind of muscle fibers, that will considerably enhance your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The intriguing thing is the methods that are taught here might be utilized for any professional athlete that is looking for that extra explosive power.
Who Produced the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
How Do You Train To Jump Higher
Adam is the main creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly around the world.
Even though he was considered ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself often on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training techniques available to him, nothing was truly making a distinction. So it wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training technique that things started to alter.
And that became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is amazing value!
The Research Responsible For the Vert Shock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! The majority of people simply desire to understand how to score that dunk, not the reason they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a real science behind what Adam has actually produced.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research shows the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the same muscle. Used the proper way it can magnify power in other words explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started using the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous United States Olympian, who discovered how the Russian teams were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to activate the fast reaction and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, techniques and lessons and developed a simple to implement and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Almost all significant sports needs using fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In many professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It should be truly clear that these are the men and girls that are more likely to make the teams. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
You understand that you require to be not only at your best, but have capabilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
Vert Shock was developed as an eight week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to give you maxim results.
How Do You Train To Jump Higher
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s created to get your body ready for the main portion of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Provided the training concentrates on the ‘elastic’ portion of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they have not been truly turned on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we get older, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that degrade initially, as they are rarely used day-to-day. So unless you are doing training and exercises that particularly attacks them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people see immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibers switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely occurs and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is designed to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will be in methods that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and build flexible muscle fibers needed for greater jumping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act completely in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to get through. You will be using your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and therefore will fatigue. However it’s at this fatigue point, as soon as pressed through that the gains really remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is total developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to introduce.
All significant muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With Vert Shock
Vert Shock is a program just developed to increase your vertical jump. Regrettably that is where people focus, and misconstrue all the extra advantages and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the fundamentals of the program actually comes from track and field, there are other advantages;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your versatility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Just have a look at these reviews as to what distinction the program has made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not meant to be a lazy route that eliminates any hard work.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will truly need to press through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Love About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or fitness center equipment required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done at home – leaving no space for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The style and layout of the program is truly easy to follow. You can likewise access it from any gadget, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s more than likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Again, provided it is mainly dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a excellent sign when the owners of a program want to entirely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights just to seem like they are accomplishing growth! While it’s not necessary, Adam has actually chosen to release a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the information of the training is excellent, there is little background details on the science of the program. , if you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in rather a while, then it may not be best to begin with this program. Offered the shock factor on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you may have a higher risk of an injury.
How Do You Train To Jump Higher
Now the people are offering a number of benefits when you sign-up to the program. There are too many to list them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to determine and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 filthy and fast hacks to give you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of perk modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over just recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The guys have decided to supply a Free ebook covering some remarkable methods to increase you vertical jump. You can get started training straight away.
The free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging at least $17 for a copy, however right now they are giving it away free of charge.
Get a copy while it’s totally free and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a strong and unique training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been utilized by olympic professional athletes just includes to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the results of a lot of people who have utilized the program, and it is showing to be a genuine winner. Those basketball gamers and professional athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a big edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will assist you become quicker, more powerful and it will provide you a real chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
Definitely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are severe about taking your basketball video game to the next level.
How Do You Train To Jump Higher