Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently came across the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, created to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). Explains How To Dunk
Far the sales of the program have been massive!
Are the claims true and does it really work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and learn what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always amazed how numerous individuals are fooled into training programs that are completely wrong for them. For the majority of kids the aim is to simply get muscle – who doesn’t desire that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
But not all training programs work the very same way. If you are a sprinter you must not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of individuals do to attempt and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength ( moving weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created specifically develop the best kind of muscle fibres, that will dramatically enhance your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and require additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is created for you.
The interesting thing is the methods that are taught here might be used for any athlete that is trying to find that extra explosive power.
Who Exactly Created the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Explains How To Dunk
Adam is the primary developer of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally around the world.
Even though he was thought about ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even difficult for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself often on the bench early in his career. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training techniques available to him, nothing was truly making a difference. It wasn’t until he found the “shock” training technique that things started to alter.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has gotten the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is amazing worth!
The Research Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of guys just need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason why they can do it.
I wanted to include this to show you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant reducing contraction of the same muscle. Used the right method it can enhance power in other words explosive relocations – like jumping.
The actual science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock technique” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who observed how the Russian teams were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive workouts to trigger the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, strategies and lessons and created a simple to follow and carry out program.
Why Is This So Important?
Almost all significant sports requires making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibres. In a lot of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It ought to be actually clear that these are the people and women that are most likely to make the teams. A lot more significantly they get game-time!
You understand that you need to be not just at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is created to give you maxim results.
Explains How To Dunk
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s designed to get your body ready for the primary portion of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training focuses on the ‘elastic’ portion of your muscles, there is a chance that they have not been genuinely changed on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we get older, the ‘ jerk’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are seldom used daily. So unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, the majority of people discover instant gains – merely by having these muscle fibres changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles really happens and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will be in ways that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres essential for greater jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to act totally in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and huge short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most devotion to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and therefore will tiredness. It’s at this tiredness point, as soon as pressed through that the gains really take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
This week is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to launch.
All major muscle advancement programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just designed to increase your vertical jump. That is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the extra benefits and results that you will achieve.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Given the fundamentals of the program in fact originates from track and field, there are other benefits also;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your stamina
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Simply check out these reviews as to what difference the program has made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Help You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that needs to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy short cut that removes any hard work.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really need to push through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or gym equipment required: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. So they can be done at house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and layout of the program is actually simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow together with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As mentioned above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Again, provided it is mostly dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a great sign when the owners of a program want to totally back the program outcomes. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What People Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights just to seem like they are accomplishing growth! While it’s not necessary, Adam has actually decided to release a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are extremely well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background details on the science of the program. , if you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in rather a while, then it may not be best to begin with this program. Offered the shock factor on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you might have a greater danger of an injury.
Explains How To Dunk
Today the men are providing a number of perks when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 fast and filthy hacks to give you an additional number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your results,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of bonus modules and training.
When doing this newest review of Vert Shock, this is something I stumbled over recently. The people have actually chosen to offer a Free ebook covering some remarkable strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can get started training quickly.
The totally free ebook lists four explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, but today they are offering it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s complimentary and still available !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and unique training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The fact that it is based upon science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes just adds to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the outcomes of many people who have actually used the program, and it is showing to be a real winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you end up being much faster, stronger and it will give you a genuine shot at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level, then absolutely take a look at the Vert Shock program.
Explains How To Dunk