Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently discovered the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches (big claims!). Dunk Volleyball
Far the sales of the program have been huge!
Are the claims real and does it really work?
Will this program have you jumping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and notably if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always amazed the number of people are tricked into training programs that are entirely wrong for them. For many boys the goal is to simply gain muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled appearance on the field, court or down the beach right?
However not all training programs work the exact same way. , if you are a sprinter you need to not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to attempt and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is best fit for strength ( moving weight), not launching you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created specifically construct the best kind of muscle fibers, that will dramatically enhance your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and need extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is created for you.
The interesting thing is the techniques that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is looking for that additional explosive power.
Who Exactly Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was produced by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Adam is the main developer of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly worldwide.
Although he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself frequently on the bench early in his profession. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training methods available to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a difference. So it wasn’t until he discovered the “shock” training method that things started to change.
And that ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you understand your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, maximum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is incredible worth!
The Research Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! A lot of people simply wish to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
I desired to include this to show you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant shortening contraction of the very same muscle. Utilized the proper way it can magnify power in other words explosive moves – like leaping.
The actual science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began using the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who saw how the Russian teams were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to trigger the fast response and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has taken the training science, lessons and techniques and created a easy to implement and follow program.
Exactly Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all significant sports needs the use of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibres. In the majority of professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It should be really clear that these are the guys and girls that are more likely to make the groups. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
Perhaps you are even chasing after a scholarship. You know that you need to be not only at your best, however have capabilities that make you stand apart. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it. You need an edge over the competitors!
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an 8 week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to provide you maxim results.
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s designed to get your body all set for the primary portion of the program.
It is basically a pre-training and pre-conditioning duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training focuses on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for some time.
The intriguing thing is as we get older, the ‘ jerk’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that degrade initially, as they are hardly ever utilized daily. Unless you are doing training and workouts that particularly assaults them, then it’s most likely they need this warm-up duration.
This is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people discover instant gains – simply by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles really happens and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will remain in ways that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and build flexible muscle fibres necessary for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave totally in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most devotion to get through. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. However it’s at this fatigue point, once pressed through that the gains truly remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it ends up being muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you desire to release.
All significant muscle advancement programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just developed to increase your vertical jump. Unfortunately that is where people focus, and misunderstand all the fringe benefits and results that you will attain.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the essentials of the program really comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and improves your endurance
- Improve your flexibility and reduce your opportunities of injury
Just have a look at these testimonials as to what difference the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that must be taken likely, and you’re simply not going to get the outcomes if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not indicated to be a lazy brief cut that takes away any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really require to push through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no reason that it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or health club devices required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at home – leaving no space for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The design and design of the program is really easy to follow. You can likewise access it from any gadget, including mobile, so you can follow together with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s probably that you will begin seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Once again, offered it is mainly dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a great indication when the owners of a program are prepared to completely back the program outcomes. Not happy with the program – you can get all your refund!
What Folks Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights simply to seem like they are attaining growth! While it’s not needed, Adam has actually decided to launch a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are incredibly well covered, and the detail of the training is exceptional, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in quite a while, then it might not be best to start with this program. Offered the shock aspect on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you may have a higher threat of an injury.
Now the people are providing a number of benefits when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, however here are the crucial ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and get rid of the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is undermining your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and fast hacks to give you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program deserves nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of perk modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The people have actually chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some incredible methods to increase you vertical jump. So you can begin training immediately.
The totally free ebook lists four explosive hacks demonstrating how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however today they are offering it away totally free.
Get a copy while it’s still available and totally free !
The Vert Shock program is a unique and solid training program for anybody who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely among the top vertical jump programs out there right now.
The fact that it is based upon science, that has actually been utilized by olympic athletes simply adds to the high trustworthiness.
Then backed with the outcomes of a lot of individuals who have actually used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have actually purchased the program now have a huge edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become quicker, more powerful and it will give you a genuine chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly desired.
Absolutely have a look at the Vert Shock program if you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level.