Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I just recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Dunk University
So far the sales of the program have been huge!
Are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you jumping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and significantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always impressed how lots of individuals are tricked into training programs that are totally incorrect for them. For a lot of boys the aim is to merely get muscle – who does not want that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
Not all training programs work the exact same way. If you are a sprinter you should not be training the like a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of individuals do to attempt and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is finest fit for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created specifically develop the ideal type of muscle fibers, that will drastically improve your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The intriguing thing is the techniques that are taught here could be used for any athlete that is searching for that extra explosive power.
Who Created the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Adam is the primary developer of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally all over the world.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, therefore found himself frequently on the bench early in his profession. He even states his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training strategies readily available to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a distinction. So it wasn’t up until he discovered the “shock” training method that things began to alter.
And that became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will most likely know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, delivering him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about jumping, maximum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having someone like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is fantastic value!
The Science Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many men simply need to know how to score that dunk, not the factor why they can do it.
I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the scientific ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the very same muscle. Used the best way it can amplify power in short explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science dates back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He started using the term “shock method” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who observed how the Russian teams were training, and created the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, methods and lessons and created a basic to implement and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Almost all significant sports requires the usage of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibers. In most expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It should be actually clear that these are the guys and ladies that are most likely to make the groups. Even more importantly they get game-time!
You understand that you require to be not just at your finest, however have abilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an eight week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to offer you maxim outcomes.
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s created to get your body all set for the primary portion of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training focuses on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a possibility that they have not been really changed on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we grow older, the ‘twitch’ or flexible muscle fibers are the ones that deteriorate initially, as they are rarely used daily. Unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up duration.
This is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people notice instant gains – simply by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles genuinely happens and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is developed to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will be in methods that you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop elastic muscle fibres necessary for higher leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act entirely differently.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and responding super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to survive. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. It’s at this fatigue point, as soon as pressed through that the gains truly take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Lastly, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
This week is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you want to release.
All significant muscle development programs have what is called a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Outcomes With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply created to increase your vertical jump. Unfortunately that is where people focus, and misconstrue all the additional advantages and results that you will accomplish.
Simply in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the basics of the program actually comes from track and field, there are other advantages;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your versatility and reduce your chances of injury
Simply check out these reviews regarding what difference the program has made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that needs to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not implied to be a lazy short cut that removes any effort.
The exercise are still hard, and there are times where you will actually require to push through and work your butt off! This suggests you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no factor why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weight-lifting or gym equipment needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. So they can be done in the house – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is actually easy to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, offered it is mainly dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a extremely good sign when the owners of a program want to totally back the program outcomes. Not pleased with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Other people Tend Not To Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to seem like they are attaining development! While it’s not essential, Adam has actually decided to release a different module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the exercises are incredibly well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the more youthful crowd: If you are getting up there in years or haven’t trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to start with this program. Given the shock element on your muscles if they haven’t been in any training for a while, then you may have a greater danger of an injury.
Now the men are providing a number of bonuses when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, however here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to identify and eliminate the 4 ‘jump killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and fast hacks to give you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program deserves absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your technique speed!
Check this out for the complete list of bonus offer modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The men have actually decided to supply a Free ebook covering some awesome methods to increase you vertical jump. You can get started training directly away.
The complimentary ebook lists 4 explosive hacks revealing how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Normally they have actually been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however today they are offering it away for complimentary.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a unique and solid training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been used by olympic professional athletes just contributes to the high reliability.
Backed with the results of so lots of individuals who have actually used the program, and it is showing to be a genuine winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have actually purchased the program now have a big edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will help you become much faster, more powerful and it will offer you a genuine chance at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then absolutely have a look at the Vert Shock program.