Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, designed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Dunk Michael Jordan
So far the sales of the program have actually been huge!
Are the claims true and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Check out this Vert Shock review and discover out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always surprised the number of individuals are tricked into training programs that are totally wrong for them. For most boys the objective is to merely acquire muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled search the field, court or down the beach right?
But not all training programs work the same way. If you are a sprinter you should not be training the exact same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is developing a kind of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is finest suited for strength (shifting weight), not introducing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is developed particularly construct the best kind of muscle fibres, that will significantly improve your vertical jump. So if you enjoy basketball, and require extra ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The intriguing thing is the techniques that are taught here could be utilized for any athlete that is trying to find that additional explosive power.
Who Produced the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Dunk Michael Jordan
Adam is the main creator of the program. Originally from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally around the globe.
Despite the fact that he was thought about ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he had a hard time to get the height in his jump. It was even hard for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself typically on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training methods readily available to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a distinction. So it wasn’t up until he found the “shock” training technique that things started to alter.
Which became the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitions. He has actually secured the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about jumping, maximum vertical height and dinking strategies.
Having somebody like Justin as a mentor in the Vert Shock program is amazing worth!
The Science Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I understand you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many people just would like to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
But I wanted to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has created.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study reveals the link between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the instant reducing contraction of the same muscle. Utilized the ideal way it can amplify power in other words explosive relocations – like leaping.
The real science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former US Olympian, who discovered how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to activate the fast response and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, techniques and lessons and produced a simple to follow and carry out program.
Exactly Why Is This So Important?
Almost all major sports needs making use of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibres. In many professional sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked greater in the programs.
It needs to be truly clear that these are the people and ladies that are most likely to make the groups. Even more importantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not only at your best, but have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an eight week program and is broken into three phases. This follows the science behind the program and is designed to give you maxim results.
Dunk Michael Jordan
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the first week. It’s designed to get your body all set for the primary portion of the program.
It is basically a pre-conditioning and pre-training duration, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ part of your muscles, there is a possibility that they have not been truly turned on for some time.
The interesting thing is as we age, the ‘ jerk’ or flexible muscle fibres are the ones that weaken initially, as they are hardly ever used day-to-day. Unless you are doing training and workouts that specifically assaults them, then it’s likely they need this warm-up period.
Although this is just a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people discover immediate gains – just by having these muscle fibers changing back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles truly happens and your muscles are changed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 full weeks, and is the phase where your body is put constantly under pressure and tension. This will remain in manner ins which you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and build flexible muscle fibres required for greater leaping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to behave completely differently.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The result will be lightening-quick reflexes, and enormous short-burst power gains that introduces you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most commitment to survive. You will be using your muscles in manner ins which they will not be utilized to and for that reason will fatigue. It’s at this fatigue point, once pressed through that the gains truly take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the recently of the program.
This week is complete created to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All major muscle development programs have what is understand as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, offer your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program just designed to increase your vertical jump. Sadly that is where individuals focus, and misconstrue all the fringe benefits and results that you will achieve.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Provided the basics of the program really comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become much faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that stabilizes you and improves your endurance
- Improve your versatility and reduce your possibilities of injury
Simply have a look at these reviews regarding what distinction the program has actually made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that needs to be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not meant to be a lazy brief cut that eliminates any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually require to press through and work your butt off! This implies you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
If you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no factor why it won’t work for you too!
What Do Other people Like About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club equipment required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at house – leaving no room for excuses.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is really simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, including mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing outcomes right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, provided it is mostly dealt with body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a extremely good indication when the owners of a program want to completely back the program outcomes. Not happy with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights just to seem like they are attaining development! While it’s not required, Adam has actually chosen to release a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are very well covered, and the information of the training is exceptional, there is little background details on the science of the program. If you are interested in precisely why it works (like covered above) you will need to do your own research study.
- Probably best for the younger crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to start with this program. Offered the shock element on your muscles if they have not remained in any training for a while, then you may have a higher danger of an injury.
Dunk Michael Jordan
Right now the men are using a number of bonus offers when you sign-up to the program. There are too many to list them all, however here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and remove the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 unclean and quick hacks to offer you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The best program deserves absolutely nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to remove foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of benefit modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this latest review of Vert Shock. The people have chosen to offer a Free ebook covering some amazing techniques to increase you vertical jump. So you can begin training directly away.
The totally free ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Usually they have been charging at least $17 for a copy, however today they are giving it away free of charge.
Get a copy while it’s still offered and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a strong and distinct training program for anybody who requires to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there today.
The truth that it is based on science, that has been utilized by olympic athletes merely includes to the high reliability.
Backed with the results of so lots of individuals who have used the program, and it is proving to be a real winner. Those basketball gamers and athletes that have actually invested in the program now have a huge edge over their competition.
The Vert Shock program will help you become quicker, more powerful and it will provide you a real shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball game to the next level, then absolutely have a look at the Vert Shock program.
Dunk Michael Jordan