Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research on professional athletes and peak efficiency. Vert Shock is a new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, developed to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Dunk Ball
Up until now the sales of the program have been enormous!
Are the claims true and does it truly work?
Will this program have you leaping higher and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Take a look at this Vert Shock review and discover what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am always impressed how numerous individuals are deceived into training programs that are completely incorrect for them. For many kids the goal is to merely get muscle – who does not desire that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach?
But not all training programs work the exact same way. If you are a sprinter you ought to not be training the same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do many individuals do to try and acquire more vertical jump height? They do squats! The intriguing thing is that this is building a kind of muscle fibre, and muscle memory, that is best suited for strength ( moving weight), not launching you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created particularly build the right kind of muscle fibres, that will considerably enhance your vertical jump. If you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is developed for you.
The interesting thing is the techniques that are taught here might be used for any athlete that is looking for that extra explosive power.
Who Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was created by two basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Adam is the main creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the top 5 high school basketball players. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays expertly around the world.
Despite the fact that he was considered ‘tall’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even tough for him to dunk the ball, and so discovered himself typically on the bench early in his profession. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After attempting all the training methods readily available to him, absolutely nothing was actually making a distinction. So it wasn’t up until he discovered the “shock” training technique that things started to alter.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s biggest basketball dunker.
It is stated that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has actually gotten the Nike Dunk Contest, giving him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin knows a thing or tow about leaping, maximum vertical height and dinking techniques.
Having someone like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is incredible value!
The Technology Responsible For the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many men just need to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
But I desired to include this to reveal you that there is a genuine science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based on the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research study. This research study reveals the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate shortening contraction of the exact same muscle. Used properly it can magnify power in short explosive moves – like jumping.
The real science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who developed it in the late 1960’s. He started utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to develop for the Russian Olympic team. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names originated from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a former United States Olympian, who noticed how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics includes explosive exercises to trigger the quick response and elastic properties of the significant muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, methods and lessons and developed a basic to implement and follow program.
Reasons Why Is This So Important?
Nearly all major sports needs making use of fast-twitch, flexible muscle fibers. In most expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a greater vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It needs to be truly clear that these are the men and girls that are most likely to make the teams. A lot more importantly they get game-time!
You know that you need to be not just at your best, however have abilities that make you stand out. Standard training programs merely aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was designed as an eight week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is designed to give you maxim outcomes.
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s designed to get your body ready for the main portion of the program.
It is essentially a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Given the training concentrates on the ‘elastic’ portion of your muscles, there is a opportunity that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we age, the ‘twitch’ or elastic muscle fibres are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever utilized daily. So unless you are doing training and exercises that specifically attacks them, then it’s likely they require this warm-up period.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people notice instant gains – simply by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the genuine action and gains kick-in. It is where the ” stunning” of the muscles really takes place and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and tension. This will be in manner ins which you’re not used to, and will wake-up and develop flexible muscle fibres necessary for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be promoted and taught to act totally in a different way.
The objective is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that releases you.
Be prepared as this phase requires the most commitment to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be used to and for that reason will tiredness. It’s at this tiredness point, when pressed through that the gains actually take off.
Phase 3: Post Shock
Finally, there is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete designed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That method you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you desire to introduce.
All major muscle advancement programs have what is know as a “tapering” period – to close-out the program, give your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program simply developed to increase your vertical jump. Regrettably that is where individuals focus, and misconstrue all the additional advantages and results that you will accomplish.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the fundamentals of the program really originates from track and field, there are other advantages too;
- Become quicker on the court and able to outrun your competition
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your flexibility and decrease your opportunities of injury
Simply have a look at these testimonials regarding what distinction the program has actually made to these professional athletes.
Will Vert Shock Benefit You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re simply not going to get the results if you don’t get off your butt.
It is not meant to be a lazy brief cut that removes any difficult work.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will really need to push through and work your butt off! This means you will be challenged both physically and psychologically.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the instructions, then yes – there is no factor why it will not work for you too!
What Do People Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or fitness center devices needed: Everything is based on body weight and plyometric workouts. They can be done at home – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is truly easy to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow together with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As pointed out above, it’s more than likely that you will begin seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your development! Again, given it is mostly dealt with body weight exercises, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that may effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is constantly a excellent indication when the owners of a program are willing to totally back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your cash back!
What Folks Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some people still like to do weights simply to feel like they are achieving growth! While it’s not essential, Adam has chosen to launch a separate module covering weight-lifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are very well covered, and the information of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. If you have an interest in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research.
- Probably best for the younger crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it may not be best to start with this program. Given the shock element on your muscles if they have not been in any training for a while, then you may have a higher danger of an injury.
Now the people are providing a number of benefits when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, but here are the essential ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and eliminate the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your leaping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 dirty and quick hacks to offer you an additional couple of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program deserves nothing if you do not follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you consistent and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and concentrate on the ideal foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets exposed like how to increase your vertical jump by adjusting your approach speed!
Check this out for the total list of bonus modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The people have chosen to supply a Free ebook covering some remarkable strategies to increase you vertical jump. So you can get going training quickly.
The complimentary ebook lists 4 explosive hacks demonstrating how you can add 4 inches to your jump.
Typically they have been charging a minimum of $17 for a copy, however right now they are giving it away free of charge.
Grab a copy while it’s still offered and free !
The Vert Shock program is a solid and special training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is absolutely one of the leading vertical jump programs out there right now.
The reality that it is based on science, that has been utilized by olympic professional athletes simply contributes to the high trustworthiness.
Backed with the outcomes of so lots of individuals who have used the program, and it is proving to be a genuine winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have invested in the program now have a big edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will assist you end up being much faster, stronger and it will offer you a genuine shot at having the ability to smash down that dunk you’ve constantly wanted.
If you are serious about taking your basketball video game to the next level, then absolutely take a look at the Vert Shock program.