Vert Shock – The Truth – Does it Really Work?
I recently stumbled upon the Vert Shock training program, while doing some research study on athletes and peak performance. Vert Shock is a brand-new vertical jump training program by Adam Folker, created to increase your vertical leap by 9-15 inches ( huge claims!). Basketball Dunks
Far the sales of the program have actually been enormous!
So are the claims real and does it actually work?
Will this program have you leaping greater and dunking a basketball like an NBA star?
Have a look at this Vert Shock review and discover out what it’s all about – and importantly if it’s going to work for you.
What Is Vert Shock?
I am constantly amazed the number of individuals are tricked into training programs that are totally wrong for them. For the majority of boys the aim is to simply acquire muscle – who doesn’t want that well-muscled look on the field, court or down the beach right?
But not all training programs work the same way. , if you are a sprinter you should not be training the very same as a power-lifter!
And yet, what do lots of people do to attempt and gain more vertical jump height? They do squats! The interesting thing is that this is building a type of muscle fiber, and muscle memory, that is best matched for strength ( moving weight), not releasing you off the ground.
The Vert Shock program is created specifically develop the ideal kind of muscle fibers, that will drastically improve your vertical jump. So if you are into basketball, and need additional ‘spring’ to crush the basket and slam dunk the ball, then this program is designed for you.
The interesting thing is the methods that are taught here might be utilized for any athlete that is searching for that additional explosive power.
Who Developed the Program
The Vert Shock program was developed by 2 basketball pros, Adam Folker and Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington.
Adam is the main creator of the program. Initially from Canada, he was ranked in the leading 5 high school basketball gamers. He went on to play division-1 in the NCAA for UC Irvine and now plays professionally all over the world.
Even though he was considered ‘ high’ even when he was still young, he struggled to get the height in his jump. It was even challenging for him to dunk the ball, and so found himself typically on the bench early in his career. He even says his highlights were the half time warm-up!
After trying all the training methods offered to him, absolutely nothing was truly making a difference. It wasn’t till he found the “shock” training approach that things started to change.
Which ended up being the basis of the Vert Shock program.
Justin ‘Jus Fly’ Darlington
If you know your basketball then you will probably know of Justin Darlington – or ‘Jus Fly’.
Jus Fly is the world’s greatest basketball dunker.
It is said that Justin has a 53 inch vertical leap, which has actually taken him all over the world winning dunking competitors. He has actually taken out the Nike Dunk Contest, presenting him the status of world’s best dunker.
So Justin understands a thing or tow about leaping, optimum vertical height and dinking methods.
Having somebody like Justin as a coach in the Vert Shock program is fantastic value!
The Technology Behind the VertShock Program
Now I know you didn’t come here for a science lesson! Many people just would like to know how to score that dunk, not the reason that they can do it.
But I wished to include this to show you that there is a real science behind what Adam has developed.
The Vert Shock program is based upon the clinical ‘stretch-shortening cycle’ (SSC) research. This research shows the link in between the active stretch of a muscle followed by the immediate reducing contraction of the exact same muscle. Utilized the proper way it can magnify power simply put explosive moves – like jumping.
The actual science go back to Yuri Verkhoshansky, who established it in the late 1960’s. He began utilizing the term “shock approach” around his training that he was commissioned to establish for the Russian Olympic group. This is where the “Vert” and “Shock” names came from for the Vert Shock program.
It was then Fred Wilt, a previous US Olympian, who observed how the Russian groups were training, and coined the term Plyometrics. Plyometrics consists of explosive exercises to activate the fast reaction and elastic properties of the major muscles.
The Vert Shock program has actually taken the training science, lessons and strategies and developed a basic to execute and follow program.
Exactly Why Is This So Crucial?
Nearly all significant sports needs making use of fast-twitch, elastic muscle fibers. In a lot of expert sports there is a vertical jump test as part of its grading program. Those that have a higher vertical jump are ranked higher in the programs.
It needs to be actually clear that these are the guys and ladies that are most likely to make the teams. Even more importantly they get game-time!
You understand that you need to be not only at your finest, however have capabilities that make you stand out. Requirement training programs just aren’t going to cut it.
The 3 Phases of the Program
VertShock was developed as an 8 week program and is broken into 3 phases. This follows the science behind the program and is developed to give you maxim results.
Phase 1: Pre-Shock
This is the very first phase of the program and lasts the very first week. It’s developed to get your body all set for the primary portion of the program.
It is generally a pre-conditioning and pre-training period, where your muscles and body are “woken-up” for what’s to come. Offered the training concentrates on the ‘ flexible’ portion of your muscles, there is a possibility that they haven’t been genuinely turned on for a long time.
The interesting thing is as we get older, the ‘ jerk’ or elastic muscle fibers are the ones that weaken first, as they are hardly ever used daily. So unless you are doing training and exercises that specifically assaults them, then it’s most likely they require this warm-up duration.
Although this is simply a ‘warn-up’ phase, many people see instant gains – just by having these muscle fibres switching back on.
Phase 2: Shock phase
This is the phase where the real action and gains kick-in. It is where the “shocking” of the muscles truly occurs and your muscles are transformed.
The shock phase is created to last 6 complete weeks, and is the phase where your body is put continuously under pressure and stress. This will be in methods that you’re not utilized to, and will wake-up and build flexible muscle fibres needed for higher jumping power. Your muscles will be stimulated and taught to behave totally in a different way.
The goal is to get your muscles firing and reacting super-fast. The outcome will be lightening-quick reflexes, and massive short-burst power gains that launches you.
Be prepared as this phase needs the most devotion to get through. You will be utilizing your muscles in methods that they will not be utilized to and therefore will fatigue. However it’s at this tiredness point, as soon as pushed through that the gains truly remove.
Phase 3: Post Shock
There is the post-shock phase, which is the last week of the program.
Today is complete developed to lock-in the gains, so that it becomes muscle memory. That way you have your gains lock-in and on tap whenever you wish to release.
All major muscle development programs have what is referred to as a “tapering” duration – to close-out the program, provide your muscle a well-earned rest, and lock-in the gains.
That is what Phase Three is for.
Results With VertShock
Vert Shock is a program merely created to increase your vertical jump. Unfortunately that is where individuals focus, and misunderstand all the fringe benefits and results that you will attain.
Just in basketball alone you can;
- Own more rebounds
- Score more points under the rim
- Block more shots
Offered the basics of the program actually comes from track and field, there are other benefits;
- Become faster on the court and able to outrun your competitors
- Develop core strength that supports you and enhances your stamina
- Improve your versatility and decrease your possibilities of injury
Simply check out these testimonials regarding what difference the program has actually made to these athletes.
Will Vert Shock Work for You?
Vert Shock is no ‘magic pill’. It’s not something that should be taken likely, and you’re merely not going to get the outcomes if you do not get off your butt.
It is not suggested to be a lazy short cut that eliminates any effort.
The work outs are still hard, and there are times where you will actually require to push through and work your butt off! This indicates you will be challenged both physically and mentally.
But, if you put in the time and follow through on the program, with all the guidelines, then yes – there is no reason that it will not work for you too!
What Do People Love About the Program?
- No weightlifting or health club devices required: Everything is based upon body weight and plyometric exercises. So they can be done in your home – leaving no space for reasons.
- Super User Friendly: The style and design of the program is really simple to follow. You can likewise access it from any device, consisting of mobile, so you can follow along with the program no matter where you are.
- Quick to Show Results: As discussed above, it’s most likely that you will start seeing results right from week one! * Safe for Teenagers: This program will not stunt your growth! Once again, provided it is largely worked on body weight workouts, there is no heavy lifting or grinding out squats that might effect your longer term height.
- Has a Money Back Guarantee: It is always a excellent indication when the owners of a program are willing to entirely back the program outcomes. Not delighted with the program – you can get all your refund!
What People Don’t Like As Much?
- No Weigh Training Module: Some individuals still like to do weights simply to seem like they are accomplishing development! While it’s not needed, Adam has actually decided to launch a separate module covering weightlifting.
- Not much background: While the workouts are very well covered, and the detail of the training is outstanding, there is little background information on the science of the program. , if you are interested in exactly why it works (like covered above) you will require to do your own research.
- Probably best for the younger crowd: If you are getting up there in years or have not trained at all in a long time, then it might not be best to begin with this program. Offered the shock element on your muscles if they haven’t remained in any training for a while, then you may have a higher threat of an injury.
Today the men are using a number of bonus offers when you sign-up to the program. There are a lot of to note them all, however here are the key ones;
- The 4 Vertical Jump Killers: How to recognize and remove the 4 ‘ leap killers’ that is sabotaging your jumping success.
- The 5 Dirty Secrets to Jumping Higher: 5 fast and dirty hacks to offer you an extra number of inches on your jump.
- Weekly Check-Ins: The finest program is worth absolutely nothing if you don’t follow it. This weekly check-in system will keep you constant and on track with your outcomes,
- The Jumper’s Diet Checklist: How to get rid of foods that sap your body’s ‘springiness’ and focus on the right foods. * NBA Jump Secrets Revealed: Secrets revealed like how to increase your vertical jump by changing your approach speed!
Check this out for the complete list of perk modules and training.
This is something I stumbled over just recently when doing this most current review of Vert Shock. The people have decided to supply a Free ebook covering some remarkable techniques to increase you vertical jump. So you can begin training directly away.
The complimentary ebook lists four explosive hacks revealing how you can include 4 inches to your jump.
Typically they have actually been charging at least $17 for a copy, but today they are giving it away totally free.
Get a copy while it’s still readily available and complimentary !
The Vert Shock program is a distinct and solid training program for anyone who needs to increase their vertical jump. It is definitely one of the top vertical jump programs out there today.
The reality that it is based on science, that has actually been used by olympic athletes merely contributes to the high reliability.
Then backed with the results of numerous individuals who have used the program, and it is proving to be a genuine winner. Those basketball players and professional athletes that have invested in the program now have a substantial edge over their competitors.
The Vert Shock program will help you become faster, more powerful and it will offer you a genuine chance at being able to smash down that dunk you’ve always wanted.
Definitely have a appearance at the Vert Shock program if you are major about taking your basketball game to the next level.